There are certain things in life that can earn you “official” status.
For me, whenever I see someone wearing a suit jacket or suit. I think”Oh, that person must be dealing with business today.“Probably because in Miami, the only time someone put themselves under multiple pressures in this high temperature was because of official business.
Online, the verification badge will give you some official points. A beautiful website goes one step further. But a custom email domain? Well, that is the official peak. It marks structure and organization.
Let’s talk about the benefits of getting a custom email domain and how to get it.
What is a custom email domain?
A custom email domain, such as [email protected], is a unique branded email address. It increases credibility, helps gain the trust of consumers, and keeps your business email organized.
Personalized email domains can be used for your employees and company departments.
There are two types of personalized email domains:
- General custom email domain – This includes the inbox and has all the functions of a regular email service.
- Forward email domain – This is just a customer-facing alias for forwarding emails, there is no inbox.For example: you set [email protected] And forward all emails sent to that address to [email protected] or [email protected].
If you’re a small business and don’t expect to receive a lot of emails, you can start by forwarding a custom email domain. It looks professional and you don’t have to filter a separate inbox, because all emails go to another inbox.
However, as your company grows, you may need to invest in a separate inbox for your corporate email.
Benefits of custom email domains
We’ve already covered the “official” appearance of personalized email domains, but let’s talk specifically about what this means.
As early as 2016, Go daddy A survey was conducted and found that 75% of Americans believe that domain-based e-mail is a key factor in trusting small e-commerce businesses. They even think it is three times more important than having active social media channels.
The report also revealed that some consumers (about 24%) would hesitate to use personal email addresses to share their personal information with sellers.
Given the prevalence of email phishing attacks, these numbers may have risen recently. Today, consumers may be a little wary of businesses that do not have custom email domains and do not match their websites.
When you have a custom email domain, it increases your credibility and serves as another way to show consumers that you are a reputable company.
In addition, personalized email domains can help you organize the received emails according to the various departments within the company.
For example, you can have [email protected] For consumers to send general inquiries.You can have [email protected] Inquiries for specific orders, and countless other inquiries based on your business needs.
This is very helpful for managing incoming and outgoing emails, especially as your company grows. You may also want to designate a team member as the direct person in charge (DRI) of the email account.
Finally, it is very important to have a separate email domain for your business to simplify your email marketing efforts.When you develop an email communication plan with consumers, you may invest in Email marketing software Manage, track and analyze your activities.
Having a custom email domain will ensure that your personal data will not be mixed into your business analysis and pollute your data.
How to get a custom email domain
- Choose an email provider.
- Buy or connect your domain.
- Choose your user and/or alias.
- Select the email address format.
Before choosing an email provider, you need to understand the following points and features to consider:
- Cost per user – Some email providers charge per user, while others offer unlimited users for a month.
- Storage size – Email providers usually offer various packages, each with a different amount of storage, ranging from 5GB to unlimited. Consider the number of emails you want to receive and use this to guide you which one to choose.
- Alias – If you want to use forwarded email, look for an email provider that allows you to create domain aliases that can be sent to other inboxes.
- Spam filter – Look for providers with advanced filtering capabilities to avoid spam from filling up your inbox.
- Your website domain – Most providers require you to have a website domain associated with your custom email domain.
1. Select an email provider.
Many web hosting and design companies like Vickers with Go daddy Allows you to create your own custom domain (usually from Google Workspace and Microsoft 365) directly on the platform and connect it to your website.
This feature can be included in your current software package, or you can pay an additional monthly fee, depending on the platform.
2. Purchase or connect to your domain.
After choosing a provider, you may have to connect it to your website domain.
For example, Google Workspace requires users to have a linked website to create a custom email domain.
In most cases, you can connect the provider to an existing domain or buy it on the spot.
3. Select your user and/or alias.
Now that you have a personalized email domain, it’s time to choose your users.
Assuming you have employees, you may need to create accounts for them. This is something that only administrators can manage through your management dashboard. Some providers only allow a certain number of users per plan.
Now, enter the department.Decide if you want to create aliases for specific departments forwarded to other email addresses or The email address you want to specify.
For example, if you are a small team, you can create a [email protected] Go directly to your email Personal [email protected] inbox.If the volume becomes higher, you may need to make [email protected] Its own users have a designated inbox for all support-related inquiries.
Knowing what you need in advance will help you decide which provider and plan best suits your business needs.
4. Select the email address format.
When you have a custom email address, consistency and simplicity are key. This makes it easy for people to reach you.
For your employees, you can use the following format:
Choose the one that is most meaningful to your business.
For your department, try to keep one or two words. Here are some examples:
- General inquiry – [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- customer service – Support @, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- Sales volume – [email protected], [email protected]
- Marketing – [email protected], [email protected], Public [email protected]
- Human Resources – [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Obtaining a personalized email domain for your business is a key step in getting an “official” seal from an online audience. This is a worthwhile investment that can strengthen consumers’ trust in your brand and make them more likely to buy from you.