Welcome to the land of the biggest crisp: Air Fryer Cauliflower! It cooks in under 12 minutes, the seasoning options are endless, and I dare you not to eat the whole batch out of the air fryer basket.
if you have Roasted Cauliflowerthen you already know: it is transformative.
Crispy on the outside and slightly sweet on the inside, it (along with Roasted Kale) is basically a vegetable version of candy.
Air fryer benefits
An air fryer is essentially a compact, powerful, and fast-heating convection oven.
- It needs roasted veggies to get that slippery crunch.
- Food cooks faster in an air fryer than in a standard oven because the heat is so powerful.
- The air fryer is a healthy way to cook vegetables that mimic deep-fried favorites (like Air Fryer French Fries). While frying cauliflower is not healthy because it requires a lot of oil to make, air frying cauliflower requires very little oil.
Read on to learn how to make the best roasted cauliflower, as well as air fryer cauliflower seasoning.
How to Make the Best Air Fryer Cauliflower
Whether you keep it classic with S&P, season it with curry or chili powder, or go all out and top your air fryer cauliflower with cheese, this easy side dish will go well with any other dish you have for dinner tonight .
- cauliflower. A seemingly humble vegetable with the power to turn into a head-scratching side dish. Absolutely delicious when fried in oil and spices. Cauliflower is also rich in fiber and antioxidants.
- olive oil. Helps caramelize and impart flavor to cauliflower. You can make air fryer cauliflower without oil, but it won’t caramelize well. All you need is just 2 teaspoons and it’s great value!
- garlic powder. Garlic is delicious with cauliflower.
- red pepper flakes. Gives the cauliflower a little kick, but not too spicy.
- lemon juice. A squeeze of lemon juice adds brightness.
- Put the cauliflower in a bowl.
- Stir together the oil and spices. Pour the oil mixture over the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Layer the cauliflower menu in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the cauliflower at 390°F for 12 to 15 minutes. Finally squeeze a little fresh lemon juice and go!
Ways to Season Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
- Buffalo Air Fryer Cauliflower. Combine your air fried cauliflower with 1/2 cup buffalo sauce and a little melted butter (check out these air fryer wings hint). Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing for a full buffalo wing experience.
- Mexican Air Fryer Cauliflower. Season the cauliflower with 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika. Reserve the garlic powder, salt and pepper listed in this recipe. Finish your cooked cauliflower with lime juice.
- Indian Air Fryer Cauliflower. Season the cauliflower with 2 tsp curry powder and a pinch of cumin.
- Italian Air Fryer Cauliflower. Season the cauliflower with 1 tsp Italian seasoning.
- Cheesy Air Fryer Cauliflower. For air fryer cauliflower with cheese, sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan over the air fryer cauliflower. To keep your air fryer cauliflower vegan, use nutritional yeast.
- storage. Refrigerate cooked cauliflower in an airtight storage container for up to 5 days.
- reheat. Reheat leftovers on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven, air fryer or microwave.
- freeze. Freeze cauliflower in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Meal Prep Tips
Cut and refrigerate cauliflower 1 day in advance.
draw inspiration from Grilled Vegetable Salad Use leftover cauliflower to make a hearty vegetable and grain bowl.
Recommended tools for making this recipe
best air fryer
This spacious air fryer has multiple cooking functions at your disposal. Try the Bake, Grill, Roast, Reheat and Crisp programs.
Crispy veggies like air fryer cauliflower make five servings a day delicious!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can swap the olive oil for another oil like avocado or canola.
- 1 head cauliflower About 2 pounds, cut into bite-sized florets (about 8 cups)
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt with extra flavor
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes Spice is subtle; add more for an extra kick; alternatively, swap black pepper
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice Elective
Put the cauliflower in a large mixing bowl.
In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
Pour over the cauliflower and toss to coat. Take your time to make sure each floret is coated with oil.
Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Layer the cauliflower menu into the basket (some overlap is ok, but don’t overcrowd or the cauliflower won’t be as crisp; you may need to work in batches and can keep cooking in a 300F oven if you like cooked cauliflower warm).
Air fry the cauliflower for 12 to 15 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally throughout, until it’s crispy on the outside and tender when pierced with a fork. Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt to taste.
- storage: Refrigerate cauliflower in an airtight storage container for up to 5 days.
- reheat: Place leftovers on a baking sheet and reheat in a 350°F oven or microwave.
- freeze: Freeze cauliflower in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Serve: 1(4 in total)Calories: 171kcalcarbohydrate: 10Gprotein: 4Gfat: 14GSaturated fat: 2GPolyunsaturated Fats: 1GMonounsaturated Fats: 10GPotassium: 605mgfiber: 4Gsugar: 4GVitamin A: 37IUVitamin C: 96mgcalcium: 45mgiron: 1mg
Join now and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials.