According to a White House official, the United States has evacuated approximately 3,000 people from the Kabul Airport in Afghanistan. Since August 14, the total number of evacuations in the United States has reached approximately 9,000.

At the same time, a United Nations threat assessment report stated that Taliban fighters are conducting “targeted door-to-door visits” to people working with the United States and NATO forces, increasing the fear of retaliation.

Al Jazeera reporter Rob McBride from Kabul said the report “increased the overall pressure of trying to leave Afghanistan,” but it has become more difficult to get to Kabul airport for evacuation flights.

He said: “We know that the Taliban have closed the road to the airport in an attempt to restrict the movement of people there because the evacuation flights of the US military are still continuing.”

At the same time, human rights organization Amnesty International issued a report accusing the Taliban of killing nine Hazara men in Ghazni after taking over the province last month.

The following are the latest updates:


The Taliban allow men’s cricket, but they don’t know the women’s sports

An Afghan cricket official stated that the Taliban stated that it will not interfere with the Afghan men’s national cricket team, which is the country’s biggest sporting achievement in recent years and will not stop the expansion of the flagship 2020 league.

However, the fate of the more moderate women’s cricket program remains unclear.

“The Taliban have no problems with cricket. They told us that we can continue our work as planned,” said Hikmat Hassan, head of media operations at the Afghanistan Cricket Committee, adding that the team is ready to meet the three-day challenge. The match against Pakistan next month.


An Afghan family at the Pakistan-Afghan border crossing in Chaman [Stringer/AFP]

“Messy” pictures of revenge in Afghanistan’s provinces

Al Jazeera reporter Rob McBride from Kabul said that the UN’s report on the Taliban against people cooperating with the United States and NATO forces contradicted the organization’s guarantees.

“The Taliban have been saying that they are not interested in mutual accusations and revenge,” he said. “But we do know that at the provincial and local levels, there have been cases where someone has been targeted. There have been retaliations. People have been killed.”

“The question is, even at the local level, how much of this is Taliban work, or how much is just individual, family or ethnic retaliation. When you enter the provinces of Afghanistan, it becomes very chaotic and chaotic.”


The Cruel Massacre of Hazaras Behind the Taliban: Amnesty

Amnesty International, a global human rights watchdog, said in a new report that last month Taliban militants massacred nine Hazara men after taking control of Ghazni Province, Afghanistan.

It cited witnesses to the killing in the village of Mundarakht in the Maristan region from July 4 to 6.

“Six of them were shot and killed, three were tortured to death, and one of the men was strangled to death by his scarf and his arm muscles were cut off,” Amnesty International said, and urged the UN Security Council to pass an emergency resolution requiring the Taliban to respect international human rights. Law.



Taliban fear of retaliation heats up in Afghanistan

According to a confidential document from a UN threat assessment consultant seen by AFP, the Taliban have been conducting “targeted door-to-door visits” to personnel working with the United States and NATO forces.

The report, written by the Norwegian Global Analysis Center, stated that Taliban militants are still screening people on their way to Kabul Airport.

“Their target is the families of those who refuse to surrender and prosecute and punish their families’in accordance with Sharia law’,” Christian Nellerman, executive director of the organization, told AFP.

“We anticipate that people who previously worked with NATO/U.S. forces and their allies and their families will be tortured and executed.”


The U.S. evacuated another 3,000 people

A White House official said that the United States evacuated about 3,000 people from Kabul Airport in Afghanistan on Thursday.

The official said in a media report on Friday: “The United States evacuated approximately 3,000 people from Hamid Karzai International Airport via 16 C-17 flights, and added that nearly 350 people were American citizens.”

The official said: “Other evacuees include family members of American citizens, special immigrant visa applicants and their families, and vulnerable Afghans.” Since August 14, the total number of military evacuation is approximately 9,000.


Taliban allows civilians to enter mosque

A Taliban official told Reuters that Taliban cadres were allowed to enter the mosque along with Afghan civilians for weekly Friday prayers.

The official also stated that some countries and organizations have sought help from Taliban leaders to help them evacuate their nationals or employees from Kabul.

Taliban fighters stand guard on a road in Herat city [Aref Karimi/AFP]

NATO: 18,000 people evacuated after Taliban takeover

A NATO official told Reuters that more than 18,000 people have been evacuated from Kabul Airport since the Taliban took over the Afghan capital.

However, the official, who asked not to be named, said that there were still crowds gathering outside the airport, eager to flee.


Indonesian Air Force evacuates citizens from Afghanistan

The Indonesian Foreign Minister stated that the Indonesian Air Force has evacuated 26 citizens from Afghanistan.

Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Masudi said on Twitter that Indonesia carried a total of 33 people on a plane going home through Pakistan.

“The plane is now continuing to fly to Indonesia from Islamabad,” she said, adding that there were 26 Indonesians on board, including embassy staff, as well as five Filipinos and two Afghan nationals.





Source link