This easy Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe can be made ahead for lunch time of the week. Great for lettuce wraps or sandwiches!
Buffalo Chicken Salad
I keep getting requests for quick and easy low carb lunch recipes Can be prepared ahead of time and does not require reheating. So, I created this chicken salad and it checks all the boxes!because i have some cooked chicken breast we all love mine Buffalo Chicken Dip, this recipe can be an idea for lunch.If you like this buffalo recipe, you should try this vegan too Buffalo Chickpea Salad, Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wraps and Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
I had some cooked chicken breasts and didn’t know what to do with it, so I made this buffalo salad with ingredients I had in the fridge.
- chicken: Starting with cooked chicken, this recipe comes together quickly. I used leftover chicken breasts, but you can put together chicken thighs, canned chicken, or roasted chicken. If you don’t have the chicken ready, cook it in the slow cooker.
- vegetable: Chop red onion, celery, and baby carrots in a mini food processor.
- Buffalo Sauce: combine Frank’s Hot Sauce (or use your favorite brand) and mayonnaise. If you like it extra spicy, you can add more hot sauce.
- Blue cheese: topped with crumbled blue cheese or light blue cheese saucebut if you’re not a fan, feel free to skip it.
How to serve
Here are a few different ways to serve this spicy chicken salad.
- Lettuce Wraps: I love the little lettuce at Costco. They’re great for lettuce wraps, but you can use lettuce hearts or butter lettuce.
- sandwich: Make buffalo chicken sandwiches with your favorite bread.
- wrap: Tuck into a wheat tortilla with this salad.
- salad: Serve buffalo chicken on top of shredded romaine lettuce and drizzle with blue cheese sauce.
You can double or triple this Buffalo Chicken Salad if you need to serve more people. All you need to do is chop up the veggies and chicken in the mini food processor and spread with buffalo sauce. It will keep in the refrigerator for three to four days.
More buffalo chicken recipes you’ll love:
Buffalo Chicken Salad
This easy Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe can be made ahead for lunch time of the week.
- 6 1/2 ounce Cooked or canned chicken breast, from 8 oz breasts, diced
- 1/4 cup shallots, add more decoration
- 1/2 celery stalk, with leaves for garnish
- 1 baby carrots
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce, or more to taste
- 6 baby lettuce leaves, or your favorite lettuce wraps
- light blue cheese sauce, optional toppings
If you need to cook chicken in the slow cooker, cover with water for 4 hours, then shred. Use grilled chicken breast or even canned chicken here.
In a mini chopper, chop all vegetables, then add chicken and toss a few times.
Transfer to a bowl and combine with mayo and hot sauce for more flavor.
To serve, spoon into lettuce wraps and garnish with red onion, celery leaves, and more hot sauce.
Serve: 1/2, Calories: 359kcal, carbohydrate: 4G, protein: 30G, fat: twenty fourG, Saturated fat: 4G, cholesterol: 90mg, sodium: 1401.5mg, fiber: 1G, sugar: 2.5G
Key words: Buffalo Chicken Salad, Chicken Salad