this is delicious Carrot Cake Overnight Oats Recipes are like desserts for breakfast! Every bite is sweet and creamy with shredded carrots, raisins, pecans and cinnamon.This Carrot Cake Oatmeal is Easy to Prepare in Advance healthy breakfast all week.
This post contains affiliate links. I am an affiliate of Amazon Associates and other brands and earn a small commission on eligible purchases. You are under no obligation to use my link, but if you do, thank you for supporting Organize Yourself Skinny.
Reasons you’ll love this recipe
- Delicious and healthy! You can enjoy all the flavors of carrot cake without guilt. Plus, this Carrot Cake Overnight Oatmeal recipe is gluten-free and vegan.
- Use up those leftover carrots. Do you have leftover carrots for the delicious and healthy carrot cake you made this weekend? No worries, make a few tins of carrot cake oats.
- Meal preparation champion. With minimal prep time, you can quickly make a few jars on Sunday to have breakfast ready throughout the week.
- oatmeal, also known as old-fashioned oats, works best in all overnight oatmeal recipes. Make sure not to buy instant or instant oats or steel cut oats. Also, if you are sensitive or allergic to gluten, buy certified gluten-free oats.
- Chia seeds is my favorite superfood to use in overnight oatmeal recipes. It adds protein, fiber, and omega 3 fatty acids while creating a delicious cream pudding texture for oatmeal.
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk and unsweetened almond milk are good dairy-free options. Of course, regular milk will work too.
- Cinnamon Brings a warm spice flavor to oatmeal.
- pure vanilla extract Added another layer of warm sweetness.
- carrot strips, put carrots in carrot cake overnight oats. I recommend grating the carrots.
- raisin Somewhat controversial in carrot cake, but if you like raisins, go ahead and stir in some for a little sweetness.
- pure maple syrup for extra sweetness.
- chopped pecans crunch.
How to Make Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
Here are simple instructions for preparing a tin of carrot cake oats. Of course, make some so you can have breakfast ready during the week.
- In a 16-ounce mason jar container, whisk together oatmeal, cinnamon, and chia seeds.
- Pour in coconut milk, pure vanilla extract, grated carrots and raisins.
- Stir together until all the oats are coated in liquid.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add a little pure maple syrup until desired sweetness is achieved. If the oats still seem thick, add a few drops of coconut milk and stir until the desired consistency is reached. You can enjoy it from the jar or pour the oatmeal into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with pecans and more raisins. enjoy.
- Replace maple syrup with honey or your favorite sweetener.
- Start with a small amount of sweetener, then add more to taste.
- Use other superfoods like flax seeds, hemp hearts, or coconut oil to boost your nutrition.
- If you like pineapple in carrot cake, add a tablespoon of fresh or canned crushed pineapple.
- Swap the zucchini for carrots for the flavor of zucchini bread.
- Raisins soften and swell after sitting in liquid overnight. If you like the raisins to stay chewy, stir them into the oatmeal before eating.
- Top it with vanilla Greek yogurt for more protein and a layer of creaminess that mimics the rich flavor of cream cheese frosting.
- If you prefer hot oatmeal, then heat it in the microwave or on the stovetop for a minute.
- Swap your favorite nuts for pecans. Walnuts or cashews are delicious!
You can prepare 3-5 cans of overnight oats and store them in the refrigerator for a week. Remember, the longer the oatmeal sits in the refrigerator, the thicker it will be. To thicken them, add a few drops of milk.
You can also assemble the ingredients (excluding milk and pecans) into individual refrigerator kits. This is a great way to use up any leftover carrots and have the ingredients for carrot cake overnight oats ready ahead of time.Here are some more about Overnight Oatmeal Meal Prep Freezer kit.
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
Serving Size: 1 people
1 16-ounce mason jar
1 plastic mason jar lid
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon Chia seeds
- ½ cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 spoon carrot strips
- 2 spoon raisin
- 1 spoon pure maple syrup
- 1 spoon chopped pecans
In a 16-ounce mason jar container, whisk together oatmeal, cinnamon, and chia seeds.
Pour in coconut milk, pure vanilla extract, grated carrots and raisins. Stir together until all the oats are coated in liquid.
Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, add pure maple syrup a little at a time until desired sweetness is achieved.
If the oats still seem thick, add a few drops of coconut milk and stir until the desired consistency is reached.
You can enjoy it from the jar or pour the oatmeal into a bowl.
Sprinkle with pecans and more raisins. enjoy.
Serve: 1Serve | Calories: 417kcal | carbohydrate: 70G | protein: 10G | fat: 11G | Saturated fat: 3G | sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 367mg | fiber: 8G | sugar: 11G
have you tried this recipe?
did you try this Carrot Cake Overnight Oats Do you have the recipe? If so, I hope you rate this recipe and leave a comment below. We all learn from each other’s experiences. Also, it would be awesome if you could share a photo on Instagram and tag it #organizeyourselfskinny. I can’t wait to see it.