Shrimp is “cooked” in lime juice to make this delicious ceviche marinated shrimp with fresh cilantro, cucumber and jalapeno. The perfect summer appetizer!
This ceviche recipe is a very simple dish that will definitely impress people. In addition, no oven or stove is required, which is very suitable for summer. Simply mix the shrimp with onion, lime juice and salt for 20 minutes, then add the other vegetables. That’s it!With corn flakes or Air Fryer Tostone Serve delicious appetizers to your beach house, boat or backyard.I also have some recipes inspired by ceviche like this Ceviche Shrimp Cocktail, Canned tuna ceviche, Vegan Mushroom Ceviche, with Cucumber Cups with Ceviche Juice.
How to make ceviche
The key to shrimp ceviche is to use super fresh shrimp, preferably caught on the same day you plan to eat it. If you do not have fresh shrimp, frozen wild shrimp, cooked shrimp or fresh white fish are also fine.
The shrimp can be “cooked” in lime juice in about 20 minutes. Once the shrimps are opaque, they are ready.
How long can you eat ceviche?
It’s best to eat shrimp ceviche on the day you cook it so that bacteria don’t start to grow. If you start with the shrimp that is directly off the boat, it can be kept in the refrigerator for up to one day.
How to serve
Ceviche is the perfect appetizer or light dinner. I like to dip it in corn chips or plantain chips, but ceviche is also great for tacos, tacos or salads.
- Add avocado or red bell pepper to the ceviche.
- For the spicy ceviche, place the ribs and seeds in the jalapeno. If you like milder ones, remove them.
- Replace jalapenos with serrano.
- Replace the shrimp with fresh white fish, such as mackerel, striped bass, or flounder.
- If you do not have fresh raw shrimp, please use cooked shrimp.
More shrimp recipes you will like:
Fresh shrimp are “cooked” in lime juice to make this fresh and delicious ceviche marinated shrimp with fresh coriander, cucumber and jalapeno. The perfect summer appetizer!
- 1 lb Fresh peeled and gutted shrimp, Chopped (preferably wild)
- 1 cup Freshly squeezed lime juice, From 6 to 9 limes
- 1/4 cup Chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2/3 cup Peeled and diced cucumber
- 1 to 2 chili, Remove the stems and cut into rings
- 1/4 cup Chopped coriander
- 1 Chives, Chopped
- Corn flakes or plantain flakes, service for something
Combine shrimp, lime juice, red onion and salt in a large bowl.
Let it sit for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until it is opaque.
Add cucumber, jalapeno, coriander, and shallots.
Serve immediately with French fries.
service: 1cup, Calories: 147Kcal, Carbohydrates: 7G, protein: twenty fourG, fat: 2G, Saturated fat: 1G, cholesterol: 167Milligrams, sodium: 553Milligrams, fiber: 1G, sugar: 2G
Blue smart point: 1
Green smart point: 2
Purple smart point: 1
Key words: Beach House Recipes, Boating Recipes, Ceviche Shrimp, Summer Recipes