“I would like to express my condolences to the families of the victims,” ​​he said Berosz in front of the hospital in the city of Varażdin, where, together with the Polish consul, visited the wounded.

At the Varażdin hospital 11 wounded were admitted, including 5 seriously injured; in the hospital in Czakovec there are two lightly wounded, said the Croatian minister. He added that the others are being treated in hospitals in Zagreb.

Down Rebro Clinical Hospital six seriously injured people have been transported, one of whom has died and one is undergoing major surgery. The Sisters of Mercy traumatology hospital in Warsaw treats another eight wounded, four of them are seriously injured and two of them are operated on. In Dubrava Clinical Hospital there are six seriously injured victims of the accident, two of them are operated on – calculated Berosz, quoted by the portal of the public HRT station.

A dozen or so people are seriously injured. At that moment, they were reached by the consul and vice-consul, who had gone to the scene of the accident. It will probably arrive in a few hours too delegation headed by Minister (health, Adam) Niedzielski – he handed over spokesman of the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs Łukasz Jasina. As he explained, at the moment the Polish authorities are focusing on assistance and cooperation with the Croatian authorities that have dealt with the matter.

“The Croatian minister (Vili Berosz ed.) Announced that on Saturday he intends to visit all hospitals treating the injured in an accident, and that he wants to go to one of the clinics together with the Polish Minister of Health Adam Niedzielskiwhich – according to Berosz – has around 3 p.m. land in Zagreb “ – informs the page of the daily “Veczernji List”.

One of the hospitals in Zagreb provided information about the injured. – Two patients are in a stable condition, the remaining four – unstable – said the Croatian doctor. He added that theirs wounds are serious and can be life-threatening.

“The victims of the accident went to the clinic with injuries to the legs, pelvis, spine, broken ribs and facial bones,” said Vergles.

Jasina informed that it was “pilgrimage organized by the Office of the Brotherhood of St. Józef, who left Częstochowa for Medjugorje yesterdaya famous Marian center in Bosnia and Herzegovina “.

– There were pilgrims three priests, six nuns. The rest is mostly lay pilgrims from the vicinity of Sokołów, Konin and Jedlnia near Radom, i.e. mainly from the area of ​​the Mazowieckie voivodship. But we will try to verify all these matters in the next few hours – said the spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

There was, among others, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior of Croatia – recalled the spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. He added that Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki and Minister of Foreign Affairs Zbigniew Rau had already talked to their Croatian counterparts. “We are preparing various methods of assistance for our citizens, from on-site assistance to assistance related to returning to the country,” he noted.

According to information provided by the Croatian Minister of the Interior, Davor Bożinovici, in the accident, 11 people died on the spot and 32 injured people were taken to hospitals, one of whom died. The tragedy happened on Saturday at approx. 5.40 on the A4 motorway, in the Varajdin region north of Zagreb, between Jarek Bisaszki and Podvorec.