After Saturday, there will be a new UFC temporary heavyweight champion. Derek Lewis and the undefeated Cyril Gunn will face UFC 265 titles at the Toyota Center in Houston.
After Ngannou was unable to defend his title in the event, the two were also fighting for the opportunity to face champion Francis Ngannou.
Lewis is the No. 2 heavyweight player and defeated Ngannou. He has remained undefeated in the past four games, including wins over Curtis Brades and Alexei Olenik. He won the heavyweight championship in 2018, but failed when Daniel Cormier submitted it.
No. 3 Gane entered the duel without losing a match in MMA or Muay Thai. After Muay Thai’s 13-0 record, the Frenchman made his MMA debut in 2018 and won three consecutive knockout matches or surrenders before receiving a call to join the UFC in 2019. Since then, he has an unstoppable record in the UFC with a score of 6-0, including victories against Junior dos Santos, Jairzinho Rozenstruik and Alexander Volkov.
This will be Lewis’s home game, because the “Black Beast” will fight in Houston. He may need home court advantage against opponents who have not tasted defeat in his career.
Derek Lewis vs. Cyril Gaine update, highlights of UFC 265
Sports news will be updated in real time starting at 10pm EST
Lewis vs. Gane start time
- date: Saturday, August 7
- Starting time: 6 p.m. Eastern Time | 3 p.m. Pacific Time
- Primary card (PPV): 10pm Eastern Time | 7pm Pacific Time
- main activities: 12:15 AM Eastern Time | 9:15 PM Pacific Time (approximately)
UFC 265: Derek Lewis vs. Cyril Gunn will be held on Saturday, August 7. The early preliminaries start at 6 pm Eastern time, and the pay-per-view master card starts at 10 pm Eastern time. Lewis and Gane should enter Octagon around 12:15 AM EST, depending on the length of the undercard game.
How to watch UFC 265: Lewis and Gain
- TV channel/live: ESPN, ESPN deportation and ESPN+
The main card of UFC 265 can be obtained through ESPN+ subscription streaming service in the United States, pay-per-use. The part of the event starts at 10pm Eastern Time.
Earlier matches can be watched in real time on ESPN, the WatchESPN app, and the UFC Fight Pass in the early preliminaries.
In Canada, Bell, Rogers, Shaw, SaskTel, Videotron, Telus, Eastlink and UFC PPV can all use the main card to pay per use on UFC Fight Pass.
UFC 265 battle card
- Derek Lewis and Cyril Gunn compete for interim UFC heavyweight championship
- Jose Aldo vs. Pedro Monjoz; the bantamweight
- Michael Chiesa VS Michael Chiesa Vicente Luke; Welterweight
- Tesia Torres vs. Angela Hill; Women’s Grassweight
- Song Yadong vs Casey Kenny; the bantamweight
- Bobby Green vs. Rafael Fiziev; lightweight
- Vince Morales vs. Draco Rodriguez; bantamweight
- Ed Herman vs. Alonzo Menifield; light heavyweight
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Jessica Penne; Women’s Grassweight
Battle Pass Preliminary
- Manel Kape vs. Ode’ Osbourne; Flyweight
- Miles Johns vs. Anderson Dos Santos; bantamweight
- Victoria Leonardo and Melissa Gato; Women’s Flyweight
- Johnny Munoz Jr. (Johnny Munoz Jr.) vs. Jamey Simmons (Jamey Simmons); bantamweight