As a brand, influencer, or creator on Instagram, you know how convenient it is to manage your personal information in the app and on a device in your pocket. However, if you want to view it on a larger screen (such as a desktop), you may have to use an external third-party tool.
Enter the Instagram creation studio, where you can use familiar in-app tools to manage your account, but in your desktop. In addition, there is another advantage: the ability to arrange posts. In this article, learn how to use Instagram Creation Studio to manage your profile, from arranging content to understanding your analysis to monetizing your content.
What is an Instagram creative studio?
Instagram Creator Studio allows you to manage your profile, publish and schedule content to be shared later, gain insight into your account, and monetize your content on desktop websites instead of mobile apps. The Creator Studio is available to all Instagram users who have a creator or business type account.
Specifically, marketers can use the creative studio to:
- View all the contents of your account (IGTV, photos, stories, etc.) on the desktop.
- Schedule all your Instagram content to be posted later so that you can always stay active in the feed.
- Know your profile and post insights, such as performance indicators, follower data, and engagement types to ensure that the content you create is what your audience likes.
- Qualified accounts with more than 10,000 fans can monetize content and manage brand collaborations.
Below we will outline all the information you need to know to start using Instagram Creative Studio to manage your profile.
How to connect Instagram to the creative studio
It’s important to note that you need to have a Business Or a creator account to use the creator studio and connect your account to the relevant Facebook page. After completing all these operations, here is how to connect your Instagram account to the creative studio:
1. Go to Creator Studio website.
2. Select the Instagram icon at the top of the screen (as shown in the image below).
3. Click the green Instagram login button and follow the instructions in the pop-up window to log in to your account.
4. As mentioned above, you need to connect your account to the relevant Facebook page. If you have not already done so, follow the instructions on the screen to connect one to your account.
After successfully linking the account, you can start using the platform.
How to use Instagram creation studio
You can use the Instagram Creative Studio to post content, schedule content, and get insights about your account. Below we will explain how to do all these things.
When you connect your account for the first time, you will enter the creative studio dashboard (as shown in the figure below), where you will see a preliminary overview of your profile content library, including videos, photos, carousels, stories, and IGTV content. You can click on a specific tab to view each content type separately.
Please note that your page should display all your posts and content; this is just an example.
The menu on the left side of the screen (shown below) has the following options: content library, calendar, insights (further discussion the following) And monetization.
Under the Calendar tab, you will see an overview of your scheduled posts for the future.Below, we will discuss further How to schedule posts So they will appear on the calendar.
Under the Monetization tab, you will be able to manage your brand cooperation. To use this feature, you need an active public account, 10,000 followers, continuous participation in the past month, and no history of content violations.
Another tab on the Creator Studio dashboard is Create a post Button, we will discuss how to use it below.
How to post in Instagram creative studio
1. Click on the green Create a post Click the button in the upper left corner of the creative studio menu, as shown in the figure below, and then select the type of post you want to publish: Instagram Feed or IGTV.
2. If you select Instagram Feed, you should see the pop-up window shown in the image below. Upload the photo you want to publish and add a description to your picture.
3. If you want to turn off comments on the post, please select advanced settings Options on the right side of the screen and switch Comments Off The button enters the open position.
Add alt text on Instagram Creator Studio
Accessibility features in the Instagram application can also be used in the creative studio. To add alternate text to your content, follow the steps above to upload your preferred content type.
Before posting or scheduling the post to your Instagram feed, navigate to the “Accessibility” section in the “Advanced Settings” tab, highlight it in the image below, and add your alternate text.
4. When you are satisfied with the upload, please select blue release The button at the bottom right corner of the pop-up window.
To upload IGTV videos in the creative studio, please follow the steps below:
1. Click on the green Create a post Button and select IGTV from the drop-down menu. You should see a pop-up window with upload, title, and description boxes as shown in the image below.
2. Upload the video you like, and add a title and description.
3. If you want to share the IGTV video to your feed, please select Show Share preview to feed under Choose where your post appears.
4. Choose cover image Tab and choose whether you want Instagram to create an automatically generated image, upload a custom frame, or use a video frame preview.
6. When you are satisfied with all the choices, click the blue release The button at the bottom right corner of the screen to share your post on Instagram.
The above steps will help you share your post to Instagram immediately after uploading it. Below we will explain how to upload content and arrange for it to be released to the Creator Studio later.
How to schedule posts on Instagram Creator Studio
To schedule a release in the Instagram creative studio, follow the same steps for uploading content to Instagram feeds or IGTV videos. Then,
1. Navigate to the blue publish button at the bottom right corner of the screen and select the down arrow.
2. In the pop-up window, follow the instructions on the screen to select the date and time you want to post the post.
3. When satisfied, click the blue schedule button and schedule your post. Then, you should see a list of scheduled posts in the content library, as shown in the image below.
After sharing your content, you will want to use your insights to understand whether your content is successful. Below we will explain the insights you can get and how to access them.
How to get insights from Instagram Creator Studio
The Creator Studio Insights tab gives you more information about your audience and how they interact with your posts. Here are the specific indicators you will get:
- audience: Information about your followers, their gender, age range, and location (popular countries and cities). You will also see them when they are most active, so you can schedule your posts when they are most active on the platform.
- Activity: Information about how people interact with your account. This includes the reach of your posts, the number of impressions they received, and the actions people took (site clicks, clicks to get directions, etc.).
1. Choose Insight The tab on the right side of the Creator Studio dashboard, as shown in the figure below.
2. Choose Activity or audience From the drop-down menu.
3. Browse any of the tabs to learn more about participation in events in your profile.
For example, if you select Activities, you should see the number of actions performed on your account within 7 days, including website visits, profile visits, emails, accounts visited, and total impressions. The image below is an example of the insight page of the Creator Studio activity.
If you select Audience, you will see a bar graph showing the age and gender breakdown of followers, how long they were active on the app, and two location breakdowns.
Instagram Creator Studio has a unique feature not found in the mobile application: scheduling posts. If you wish to switch from managing only on mobile devices to the desktop, please use the tips in this list to start using the tool.