The 32 teams of the 2022-2022 UEFA Champions League have been determined. Now everyone’s eyes are turned to the group match draw on Thursday, August 26th in Istanbul, Turkey.
The names of the 32 teams will be divided into four different pots, and each pot will draw a name to form eight groups. One major caveat: no club can play against its own national team in the group stage.
Each team will play a total of six group matches, and the top two teams in each group will advance to the UEFA Champions League round of 16 in February 2022. The third-placed team in each group will be eliminated, but will be dropped into the Europa League knockout stage, they will face the Europa League group runner-up.
The UEFA Champions League group matches will be played in the following six windows: September 14-15, September 28-29, October 19-20, November 2-3, November 23-24 and December 7 – 8.
How to watch the UEFA Champions League group stage draw
- date: Thursday, August 26
- time: 12 AM EST
- TV channel: CBS Sports Network (CBSSN)
- stream: Fubo TV, CBS Sports HQ, Paramount+, CBS Sports apps
CBS will broadcast the UEFA Champions League draw on the CBS Sports Network (CBSSN) and broadcast live on all its platforms.CBSSN feed will be streamed Live broadcast on fuboTV (7-day free trial).
Team pots drawn in the group stage
The 32 teams are divided into four pots, each with 8 teams. A name will be drawn from each pot from Group A to Group H.
The eight teams in Tier 1 are predetermined: the Champions League (Chelsea), the Europa League (Villarreal) and the top six league champions: Spain (Atletico Madrid), England (Man City) , Germany (Bayern Munich), Italy (Inter Milan), France (Lille) and Portugal (Portuguese Sports).
- Bayern Munich (Germany)-134
- Manchester City (England)-125
- Atletico Madrid (Spain)-115
- Chelsea (England)-98
- Villarreal (Spain/European Cup champion)-63
- Inter Milan (Italy)-53
- Sports CP (Portugal)-45.5
- Los Angeles Real (France)-14
- real Madrid (Spain)-127
- FC Barcelona (Spain)-122
- Juventus (Italy)-120
- Manchester United (England)-113
- Paris Saint-Germain (France)-113
- Liverpool (England)-101
- Seville (Spain)-98
- Dortmund (Germany)-90
- Porto (Portugal)-87
- Ajax (Netherlands)-82.5
- Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine)-79
- RB Leipzig (Germany)-66
- RB Salzburg (Austria)-59
- Benfica (Portugal)-58
- Atlanta (Italy)-50.5
- Zenit Saint Petersburg (Russia)-50
- Besiktas (Turkey)-49
- Dynamo Kyiv (Ukraine)-47
- Bruges Club (Belgium)-35.5
- BSC young boy (Switzerland)-35
- AC Milan (Italy)-31
- Malmo (Sweden)-18.5
- Wolfsburg (Germany)-14.5
- Sheriff Tiraspol (Moldova)-14.5
UEFA Champions League clubs by country
|Number of teams||nation||Qualified team|
|5||Spain||Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Sevilla, Villarreal|
|4||U.K||Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea|
|4||Germany||Bayern Munich, RB Leipzig, Dortmund, Wolfsburg|
|4||Italy||Inter Milan, Atlanta, AC Milan, Juventus|
|3||Portugal||Sporting CP, Porto, Benfica|
|2||France||LOSC Lille, Paris Saint-Germain|
|2||Ukraine||Dynamo Kyiv, Shakhtar Donetsk|
|1||Russia||Zenit Saint Petersburg|
|1||Switzerland||BSC young boy|
How to watch the UEFA Champions League
The 2022-22 UEFA Champions League will be broadcast in the United States by CBS (English) and Univision (Spanish).
- date: 29 competition days from September 2022 to May 2022
- TV channel: CBS, CBS Sports Network-CBSSN (only for some competitions)
- Spanish TV: Univision, TUDN, UniMas, Galavision
- Streaming Media (English): Paramount+
- Streaming (Spanish): PrendeTV, TUDN.tv (authenticated users)
Competitions conducted by CBS or Univision TV channels will be Stream on fuboTV (7-day free trial).